Chuck Roast Sous Vide
Boneless Chuck Roast
Top Round Steak
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sprig of Rosemary
Our friend Roger shared his preparation of a chuck roast and top round steak for Easter dinner. See pictures below for steps in preparation.
1. Season with salt and pepper, and placed in a bag with a sprig of rosemary. Ready for vacuum sealing.
2. Vacuum seal and ready for the sous vide machine.
3. The sous vide temperature for this preparation was 131 degrees F (the lower end of medium rare).
4. In goes the “meat in bag” for 24 hours. When it is done, the entire roast will be a consistent medium rare and “fork tender”. All it will need is some browning for flavor.
5. Next day (24 hours later), out of the sous vide, out of the bag, and into a hot skillet with a little olive oil for browning. I used a high heat to quickly brown the roast on all sides. I also poured some red wine into the skillet after removing the meat to deglaze the pan. Then, I added the cooked/filtered drippings from the vacuum bags. Best “au jus” ever!
6. It was amazing! Try doing that in the oven. The chuck roast turned into prime rib and top round into tenderloin!
7. Many happy eaters with “Meat back on the menu!” And look, no knives. The meat came out “fork tender”!
Thanks Roger - it looks delicious!